NSI-MI Technologies Range Control System software, in concert with switching hardware, provides the following range management functions for the Arena Data Acquisition and Analysis Software:
- Reverse the direction of range propagation via up to 4 SPDT RF switches
- Select one of three mixer frequency bands using up to 6 SPDT RF switches
- Switch an amplifier in or out of line on the range antenna side of a test range via 2 SPDT RF switches
- Control the value of a programmable attenuator on the range antenna side of a test range
- Switch an amplifier in or out of line on the antenna under test (AUT) side of a test range via 2 SPDT RF switches
- Control the value of a programmable attenuator on the AUT side of a test range
- Perform a dynamic range data acquisition using one of the programmable attenuators
This software can be configured for any or all combinations of the above functions, depending on the supporting hardware available. The software can be run from the Arena Work with Instruments function or can be part of the configuration of an acquisition definition. It can also be executed in a Visual Basic® script if desired.
NSI-MIs Range Control System Software implements its function by commanding from one to three Agilent 11713 Switch Control Units. Both the A and B models of the 11713 are supported.
The Agilent 11713 Model A and B units contain 10 switch closure controls that can be independently set via GPIB commands. The Model B unit also supports an Ethernet interface. Banks of 4 of the switch closures can be used to control Agilent 8494 series programmable attenuators. The 11713 switch closures are also compatible with Agilent 8672 SPDT switches and many other coaxial switches.